Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January 15th 2011

My mom passed away today and I found out while we were having Annabelle's newborn photos taken. Pretty crazy. It's still very hard to believe that I'm a motherless child. I may be an adult and have my own daughter but I will always be my mother's child. Here are just a few good memories:

- We always watched Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers neighborhood together from the comfort of a bean bag chair.
- When it was time to go to preschool she taught there...when it was time to go to grade school she taught there too...she was a great art teacher.
- In the 1st grade she took me to see Dirty Dancing. Yep..age 7. Because I wanted to see the dancers.
- During a trip to Hawaii we spent 6 hours 'touring' Oahu on the public bus...needless to say we went to the liqour store straight after the bus.
- On a trip to Rome we spent hours and hours circling the city looking for the fountain of trevi only to discover it was about 2 minutes away from where we started. Thankfully it is beautiful at night. :)
- Whenever I requested, she would make endless supplies of her famous pinto beans...even at midnight as I drove down from Bellingham in need of some comfort food.
- In 2008 she visited me in New Zealand and we had a memorable road trip together even if she complained about the length of the flight endlessly. :)
- In 2010 she flew to Washington DC right after a massive snow storm to see Jason and I get married.
- Every summer she could be found on the deck with my dad and whomever was blowing glass that day enjoying a refreshing drink and good conversation.

She lived life the way she wanted. She made me feel like I was always loved and always first in her life.
She raised a happy, independent and sometimes creative daughter who just hopes to be as wonderful a mom as she was. I'm so very thankful that she lived long enough to see her grand-daughter born and see me living the life she always hoped I would have. A life full of love

I will think of her daily and hope that she will watch over us all. I love you mom.

1 comment: